Wednesday, August 31

Pye Pye

Today (August 31st) would have been my grandmother's 99th birthday!  If only she knew how much I have missed her these past 6 years.  She passed away on September 19, 2005 around 10:30am.  A few weeks later I found out I was pregnant with Miss Abigail.  I have a feeling she had something to do with sending  my sweet little girl to me. 

Here she is on her 90th birthday--cuttin up with her friends! 
Pye Pye- holding a bottle of wine while Grandmama Lizzie & Miss Edith hold Corona's!
Samuel still talks about her and remembers her, even though he was only 3.  She loved Samuel and he loved her.  I remember the first time he went pee pee on the potty he was so excited, she was the first person he wanted to call....so she was the lucky one who got to hear the news first!

Here she is making Samuel laugh-(OBX Thanksgiving)
   
I saw this posted on facebook today and it is so true!  Oh how I wish I could pick up the phone and dial 478.472.8789 and have her answer!
Heaven--
I wish Heaven had a phone so I could hear your voice again I thought of you today but that is nothing new. I thought about you yesterday and days before that too. I think of you in silence, I often speak your name. All I have are memories and a picture in a frame. Your memory is a keepsake, from which i'll never part. God has you in his arms.. I have you in my heart.

No comments: