Tuesday, August 23

EARTHQUAKE

For a split second I thought Abigail had turned into Super Women......I had just opened our front door for her to come inside when she quickly slammed it harder than she should have..... right at that moment our entire house began to shake!  We looked at each other with an "Oh my Gosh , What the Heck is Going on" look and we immediately went to the laundry room to see if that was what was causing it, then we ran upstairs and looked in Sam's room, looked in her room we were dumbfounded.  It never in a million years crossed my mind that the shaking and rattling was in fact an earthquake.

You gotta love facebook--that was my source that confirmed what had just happened.  Well, that and the TV.  Friends from all over the east coast were posting that they had felt it.  We lost phone service for almost an hour.  I was able to get in touch with Tom via cell phone, who was in McLean on the 7th floor of his building.  I can't imagine what it must have felt like for him!  He said it was a scary experience.  Samuel was up the street playing with friends when he came running home and said he was climbing the Smith's fence and fell off because it started shaking badly.

The news reported it was a 5.8 earthquake which was a record tie for the most severe earthquake in Virginia's history.  It happened around 1:50 p.m.  Thank goodness there was little physical damage and we are safe.  Well, I can now cross that off of my bucket list.....not that it was really on there!:)

No comments: