Saturday, July 16

Minor Fender Bender

We were on our way this morning to meet Grandma'ma and Papa at the movies, Cars @ 10:30am.  Unfortuantely, our plans changed after we were rear ended (pretty hard) by an elderly man as we were merging onto FFX County Pky.  No one was badly hurt, just minor whiplash.  The kids were more concerned that we missed the movie, isn't that typical!  We ended up seeing a later showing in Reston so everyone was happy. 
All kidding aside, Samuel was very concerned about the man who hit us and so was I!  Apparently he had fallen earlier in the AM in his yard and still had blood and scratches on his face.  The police officer pulled me aside and knew that his driving ability was a major concern - she wanted to let me know that she was going to write up a report to have him retest for his license.  Poor guy, I feel so bad, but at the same time my heart tells me that he probably should not be driving in his condition.  I am so thankful everyone is okay. 

No comments: