Monday, August 6

Summer fun!

GO...GO...GO...that sums up our weekend!


FRIDAY
Friday morning we decided to go to Downpour water park in Sterling. It's a relatively small water park with several big water slides in the main pool. It also has a zero-depth entry play pool (for younger children) that has interactive play features all around but best of all it has a huge bucket that dumps 1000 gallons of water every 3 minutes. The kids had a blast!


Friday night I had a nice evening with several of my closest girlfriends. We caught up on our scrapbooking projects, ate yummy snacks, had a glass of wine okay maybe two glasses and best of all had some much needed girl time!! Thanks for hosting, TAG.


SATURDAY
Saturday we took the kids to our neighborhood pool. Tom and I were amazed at how much Samuel has changed since we were at the beach in July. He has always loved the pool but for some reason when we were at the beach he refused to jump into the pool. Today, he was on fire! That's all he wanted to do. At one point I looked over, and he had his face emerged in the water. He asked if I would count to see how long he could hold his breathe. Abigail is a little fish as well--she has no fear. The little toot refuses to go in her cute little hippo float that I was so excited about. I guess she doesn't want to be stuck in a float when she can be in my arms splashing and kicking away. I can't say that I blame her. :-)



As we were getting ready to leave, we looked over and Samuel had Tom's shirt (on backwards) and his hat on. He's such a funny kid. So here is Samuel pretending to be daddy!




Saturday night we attended a 40th birthday party. We had a babysitter come to my parents house to watch Samuel, Abby, Jac & Colm. Samuel & Jac always have the best time playing together. When we arrived home around 11pm the boys were wide awake having a good old time. You know, I had forgotten what it was like to go out with my husband. I think that's something we need to do it more often. ;-)


SUNDAY
I attempted to clean my messy house in the AM--then I remembered reading a quote on my friend Steph's blog. I didn't want to waste anymore time so I left the mess and decided to have a little time for myself and scrapbook!

"A clean house is a sign of a wasted life" :-)


Tom and Samuel went on a long hike together. Since Abby and I couldn't join them, Samuel took his camera along. Here are two pictures from the hike. There's apparently a HUGE fish in the photo on the right.

















After the boys returned from their hike we headed over to our friend Lisa's house for a BBQ. The kids played with water toys and had a great time together.
We did discover while at the BBQ that Samuel is in fact allergic to cats-I guess he gets that from me...poor guy. By the time we got home he was coughing and wheezing and his eyes were red and swollen. Doesn't he look like he's been in a fight? This just confirms what we suspected. Several weeks ago we had a similar incident while we were at a friends house. I was hoping it was just a fluke. I will talk to his doctor soon to see how we should handle this. I have a special inhaler and nose spray that I use before I go into a house with cats so hopefully they can give him the same thing.



No comments: