Saturday, June 16

364 days ago...




This picture was taken as we were heading to the hospital.

Has it really been that long! I can't believe that our little women will be one tomorrow. I went into labor on a Friday. In fact, when I woke up that morning I felt different. I did have a few signs that morning, I'll spare you the details, but trust me it was obvious something was happening! My OB said I should come in for a quick check since I was 4cm dilated at my last apt. so off I went to the doctors....only to have them tell me that I was not in labor--that's not what you want to hear when you are 39 wks 2 days pregnant! This made me even more determined to prove them wrong because I just had a feeling. My mom and sister came over to help me get things ready, just in case I was right. :-)

Late afternoon, I decided it was time to go to the mall...I needed to WALK! (I was having contractions every 15-20 minutes!) So off we go...my mom, Samuel and I. (Tom was at an office happy hour convinced I was not in "real" labor) We walked several laps around and then decided to get something to eat. The Dulles mall food court was the place to be...we ran into Marc, Hannah & Ashley, Deborah, Chris, Liam & Garrett, Kelly, James, Caitlin & Megan (Megan was just a few days old.) I ordered my food ate two bites and was done... By the time we left, I could barely walk through my contractions.

When Tom arrived home he was sent straight to bed to sober up....I think he was in denial that I was in labor! I finally called the doctor around 11pm since my contractions were very painful and about 10-15 minutes apart. We decided it was best to labor at home---around 1:30 I couldn't take the pain so I woke Tom and called my parents. We got to the hospital around 2:30 am.
And the rest is history!!!

No comments: